Art & Wine Summer Series: Raffaldini Vineyards




Hi friends. I’ve decided to relaunch my Life Behind the Camera blog. It’s been a while so I’m a little rusty but I promise not to disappoint. When I decided to relaunch LBTC, I spent quite a while thinking about what interesting topics to bring to you. While I was sipping a glass of Rose´ one evening I thought, why not write about what art lovers love most. Wine and art! I’ve spent a lot of time around art lovers and trust me, the wine flows! So my epiphany brought me to my new Summer blog series, Art & Wine. From June to August, I will be visiting a Southeast vinery every month to write about their selection of wines and the overall experience. My first winery visit is to Raffaldini Vineyards and Winery in N.C. I hope you enjoy the ride!




Raffaldini Vineyards and Winery is a little Italianesque vineyard nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains about an hour and a half drive from Charlotte. It is located in Ronda, N.C, a little rustic area of farm terrain and simple country living. I had been to Raffaldini Vineyards a few years ago with a photography and had a great time. I decided to visit them to see if lightning can strike twice, this time with two of my close friends. 






Raffaldini Vineyards is an amazing little place perfect for a day trip. The villa was designed to emulate the architecture of the villas in Mantua, Italy. It's complete with a wide open tasting room and balconies that showcase incredible panoramic mountain views. The landscaping is filled with beautiful flowers, water fountains, and of course, the vineyard. All of this was an impressive sight to behold. The first time I visited, it felt like the vineyard was in its own little country. 




Besides the beautiful architecture and lovely mountain views, Raffaldini offers seven wine varieties during their wine tastings to tempt our taste buds. 






The first offered was the 2017 Auguri, a dry wine in a champagne style that hints of green apple. It pairs well with salads, fruit and chocolate.  

Second was the 2018 Liguria, a Vermentino-based full-bodied blend with citrus flavors that pairs with fish, chicken and pork.

The third wine was 2017 Girasole, Raffaldini's “summer red” Rosato. It was very refreshing with subtle flavors of pear and honeysuckle. This wine pairs well with turkey and chicken.

The fourth wine was the 2017 Sangiovese Classico, a full-bodied red wine with soft tannins that's mildly acidic. Pairs with light meals.

The fifth wine was the 2017 Bella Mista, a non-Italian red wine petite Bordeaux blend often used for flavor enhancing. It makes for a perfect table wine for heavier meals such as BBQ, red meats, red sauces, and pastas.

The sixth wine was the 2016 Montepulciano Riserva, a dry and acidic wine aged in oak. 

The seventh and last wine was the 2016 Il Falco, a Sagrantino-base blend.Only 2000 acres in the US are devoted to growing these types of grapes with Raffaldini supplying 9 acres at their vineyard. This wine goes well with steak and other heavy meals. 

Raffaldini's Wine Tastings are $14 per person and includes these seven wines and a complimentary Schott Zwiesel wine glass.

This visit was a wonderful experience. My friends loved it and want to go back very soon (Not surprised). If you need a quick get away with your girlfriends or a romantic day trip, this is a perfect place. I guarantee you’ll love it! 

For more information, visit the Raffaldini Vineyards website at https://www.raffaldini.com


Comments